Junior Web Developer Job in Cape Town, Bellville
|Place:||Cape Town, Bellville|
|The employment level:||Junior|
Like a junior web developer you will have a keen sense of design. You will be responsible for ensuring alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web pages for maximum efficiency, and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, among other tasks.
As a Front-End Developer at Fishgate, you will be responsible for the design and functional execution of the work by bridging the gap between design and development. You will need to understand user needs and have a solid foundation in UI / UX, coding, and designing for the web. Together with the development and creative teams, you will also build the functionality of all digital customer communication tools (email and social media based content).
The following key responsibilities will be part of your role at Fishgate and are applicable on all well known web platforms.
- Produce a range of digital marketing materials including responsive websites, landing pages, email campaigns, UI library components, prototypes, templates, and more.
- Collaborate with developers and the creative team to push ideas and work
- Integrate, code, technology, art and copy, and ensure brand standards are met
- Analyze design requirements and recommend technical solutions
- Understand the requirements based on technical needs and UI / UX; best practices for use; brand and style guides
- Maintain consistently high standards
- Present and communicate project ideas to the creative team
- Deliver on-time, high-quality, error-free work that delivers results
- Determine the structure and design of web pages
- Make sure the web design is optimized for smartphones.
- Build reusable code for future use
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability
- Proficiency in PHP is preferred
- In-depth understanding of the WordPress CMS system
- Experience with Divi Builder is preferable
- Experience in creating WordPress plugins and extending themes is preferred
- Experience with responsive design
- Demonstrate working knowledge of multimedia queries, flexboxes, jQuery selectors, and event handlers
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Ability to assist with debugging, testing and tuning the performance of the code base
- In touch with current trends in front-end development and design
A live demonstration of coding skills will be required as part of the interview process.
If your CV does not match your demonstrated skills, you will not be considered for the position.
Due to COVID regulations, all interviews will be conducted remotely. Please make sure that you have a suitable computer (with microphone and webcam) and an Internet connection.
Posted on Aug 05, 10:18 AM